Wednesday 26 January 2011

Hi everyone!
A lot has happened since my last post, good and bad. But first things first. for some reason I can´t post pictures on my blog, it is very fiddly and takes ages. SO! If you wanna check out some pictures from my trip so far, this public facebook link should work;

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=617245&id=643950153&l=917e4c75c3

Also, I wanted to thank you all for your lovely messages! Makes me feel a lot less lonely and weird about writing this blog. So muchos gracias a todos!
So first the bad.....
Caroline and I were on our way to the Rainbow house for our bi-weekly visit with the children, we were walking up the road when we saw Soledad (one of the house children) coming our way. This was troubling because Sole is not allowed out by herself due to epilepsy, and also just because she is young and its not safe. We asked where she was going, but failed to receive an answer, so we walked up to the house with her. Upon arrival at the Rainbow house, we found the kids running amok, with no adult present and Yelson was missing. This should not happen. Because it was our first week, we didn´t know the numbers of the Kiya Staff, so just decided to stay untll the house mum showed up. However before she had the chance to do so, the phone rang, it was Ely, one of the Kiya staff. I heard her ask Lizandra if she could talk to the house mum, Lizandra replied ´she´s in the bathroom´. Lie. I asked for the phone and set the record straight with Ely, about finding Sole walking up the road, Yelson´s absence and the absence of an adult at the house. This caused Lizandra and Soledad to panic and run out of the house. They returned ten minutes later with Rosa, the house mum, and Yelson. By this point both girls were not too happy with me for ´telling´on them and Rosa was desperately trying to explain herself.
We had a meeting with Ely the next day in which she explained that it´s fine if Rosa wants to go out, she just needs to inform Ely so that either she or one of the volunteers could watch the children. So that was fine, the two girls however, should not have lied or have wandered out onto the road. I ended up receiving the cold shoulder from them both for two days before they got over it. But what to do.
SO now the good.....
We had a second visit at the house on Monday and this one was wonderful! (YAY!) It was Ely´s birthday the next day so the children and I made her a big birthday card, then we played an hour of Ludo and topped the evening off with lots of dancing to Shakira. It was a great bonding experience and I feel so much closer to them now. I also found that Yelson and I get along very well, he is my new ´amigo´and we laugh lots together. He has a very cheeky sense of humour, when the drama was unfolding at the rainbow house, all the did was giggle at my obvious distress!
So overall a pretty up and down week. We´ve had three rounds of Spanish classes, and I´m picking it up quite quickly which is good. The children at school have been so much fun, when they aren´t fighting or not listening ot me ;) We celebrated Ely´s birthday on Tuesday where I (the vegetarian) ate the most mouthwatering lemon grilled chicken imaginable. It´s the first party I´ve been to where I am everybodies junior by atleast 15 years! But fun none the less.

So tomorrow I am taking Lizandra out for some one on one time, then this weekend off to Cuzco (YAY!!!!!!) Love Cuzco.

So yes thats it!
uhm...yeah.....YES. Ok so hope everyone is happy and healthy.
And good karma.
ANd please comment!

P.S. Wardy, Luisa says ´Hi and will you ever be married in Peru´ haha

ok lots of love people!!!!!!!

Chloe

No comments: